If you’re a member of a hardware start-up or product design team the NextCorps Manufacturing Accelerator can help speed product commercialization with curriculum that minimizes risks, provides mentoring, and connects you to an ecosystem of accelerators, funders, manufacturers, technical experts and Manufacturing Extension Partnerships (MEPs).
Apply by 2/21/24 for the cohort starting 2/28/24:
Optimize your manufacturing roadmap with engaged mentors
Access local/state grants and potential investors to raise funds
Connect with vetted manufacturers, designers, and supply chain experts
Strengthen all aspects of your business
The Manufacturing Accelerator utilizes the U.S. Department of Defense Manufacturing Readiness Level metrics, along with materials derived from the U.S. Department of Energy Build4Scale curriculum and additional resources developed by NextCorps and RIT. The program is funded by Empire State Development’s Division of Science, Technology and Innovation, and administered by NextCorps.
Accelerate Your Manufacturing Timeline
Participants in the Manufacturing Accelerator get hands-on support to complete essential activities.
- Perform an initial Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) assessment
- Build out a comprehensive Product Requirements Document with our PRD-Builder tool
- Create Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Bill of Materials (BOM), and Bill of Process (BOP) documents
- Tour manufacturing sites to meet potential partners, view capabilities, and gain an understanding of processes, contracts, typical terms and conditions, time frames, and first sample and production elements
- Conduct individualized site visits to engage vendors for specific needs
- Develop a Manufacturing Roadmap to advance from your current MRL toward MRL 8 / mass production
- Apply for project funding (up to 80% of project costs) through Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP)
- Get ongoing support to resolve challenges and progress toward production